IconIconIconFollow Me on Pinterest

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

The Ultimate Question

Whenever we introduce our happy little monster baby to anyone, the first question that seems to be asked is "Who does she look like?"  While Ryan is much happier to play the game of what features she appears to have from each of us, I kindly take the truthful road of "She looks like a baby" or "She's an even keel mutt mixture of us both."

And so, after 27 years of waiting, I finally saw a picture of myself from the day I was born... I kid you not when I make that statement.  Being the youngest the of three, pictures are not the priority when you are not the Golden Child first born.  If you're curious as to why I look like an alien... I was four weeks early and lacking the necessary fat to fill in my face.  I'm so fortunate that once I found it, it never left.  Lucky me.  Yes, I was a c-section baby... note the non-swollen delicateness of my face.  Alien looking?  Absolutely.  Swollen, old-man esque?  Not a chance in hell!

Here's all of our baby pictures on the day we were born... thoughts?  Because I think she looks like a newborn baby... not either of us.
 
Ashley Noel Bryan 6lb10oz 20.25"
Lancaster General Hospital 11/28/1983


Ryan Allan Peddle 9lbs7oz ??"
Our Lady of Lourdes 5/1/1980

Reagan Olivia Peddle 6lb13oz 19.75"
Univ of Pennsylvania 11/8/10
  


 As she ages though I think I start to see some resemblances of us, but I'm keeping my opinions to myself!  One thing is for sure... she is going to have her daddy's widows peak. 


Reagan... December 29, 2010

Ashley... Christmas 1984




Ryan

And quite honestly, although pictures wouldn't agree and won't help my case, being that I look at her all day long and know her tendencies I happen to see a lot of my brother in her when I compare to his baby pictures. 

Rick Bryan... 9/30/80
It'll be interesting as she gets older to keep comparing her to our pictures as we aged.  A few things I hope she gets from Ryan?  His brains and height!  Trust me, 5'1" is no fun!


No comments:

Post a Comment